Rechercher dans ce blog

Thursday, November 19, 2020

‘Cake Boss’ star Buddy Valastro on his hand-injury recovery: ‘I’m taking it day by day and cake by cake’ - PennLive

foody.indah.link

Buddy Valastro’s recovery process, following a devastating hand accident in September, has been intense, and the prospects for a successful recovery are still up in the air.

A report by ET recounts the events in September when Valastro was hospitalized following the gruesome accident at his home bowling alley.

Valastro’s rep told ET:

...there was a malfunction with the bowling pinsetter, and after Valastro tried to release the bowling pin from the cage mechanism, his right hand became lodged and compressed inside the unit. He was unable to remove his hand, and a 1-1/2' metal rod slowly and repeatedly impaled his hand three times between his ring finger and middle finger.

During an interview with ET, which was published on Wednesday, the 43-year-old baker said that “he’s taking his recovery one day at a time and trying to remain positive.”

“Well, I’m feeling good, you know, I feel like I’m in good spirits trying to look at the glass half full versus half empty,” ET quoted. “I’m, you know, just trying to recover and get all my strength back and see exactly what the full extent of everything is gonna wind up being, you know, because it’s still a little unforeseen,” he told ET.

Looking on the bright side, Valastro continued: “But the positives, I still have my hand right. I could’ve lost fingers and could’ve went through my wrist and been a lot worse. So, I’m taking it day by day and cake by cake,” ET quoted.

“Right now, realistically, you know, the scars have healed up,” he continues. “It’s very, very stiff. I don’t really have as much motion, as much strength, dexterity ... So, it’s really just a matter of continuing to do rehab,” Valastro shared with ET.

How far has his recovery progressed?

“I’d say I’m probably at, like, 10 or 15 percent of the strength that I used to have, Valastro told ET.

According to ET’s report, Valastro shared that he’s on his third surgery and depending on how his physical therapy goes over the next two to three months, he will potentially undergo two or three more.

The report noted that Valastro explained it could take a year for the swelling in his hand to go down. Valastro acknowledged “that he may never be able to make cakes again in the future,” the report said..

Only time will tell.

“Honestly, I don’t know how much I’m going to be able to do,” he shares. “I can assure you and everybody - again, whether I have to do a left-handed, a thirty percent - I’m going to try to do it with all of my heart. I just don’t know, you know, I might be like a boxer who’s got the heart but ain’t got the tools anymore and hope to God that that’s not the case and only time will tell,” ET quoted Valastro.

“I’m not ready to be on the sidelines yet, so I don’t know what the transition is going to be or what capacity things are, you know, going to end in,” Valastro told ET.

Valastro is returning to Food Network and TLC this holiday season.

Fans can look forward to watching Valastro compete against expert craft masters on Food Network’s “Buddy vs. Christmas,” premiering on Sunday, Nov. 22, at 10 p.m. EST. This is the last program he filmed before getting injured.

About the filming, Valastro shared with ET: “I remember finishing filming that show, coming home to my wife and saying, ‘Lisa, these were like some of the best cakes I ever did in my life.’”

He added: “And, you know, I’m just so glad that I did it, and I’m so glad that it came out the way that it did from the cake standpoint and the fact that my son was with me, and my family, I think that we did some some amazing cakes.” Valastro said.

A two-hour special on Valastro’s journey to recovery will be aired by TLC on Wednesday, Dec. 23, at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

About the upcoming special, Valastro shared with ET: “I think it is a little different side of me than you have ever seen, a little bit more my family and home life, and I think that it is going to show it all. It is really going to show what happened, how it happened, and what the road to recovery looks like, and how my family was there and there was a lot we had to get over to get to where I am at today,” Valastro said.

READ MORE:

Let's block ads! (Why?)



"cake" - Google News
November 20, 2020 at 01:25AM
https://ift.tt/3nEEyjs

‘Cake Boss’ star Buddy Valastro on his hand-injury recovery: ‘I’m taking it day by day and cake by cake’ - PennLive
"cake" - Google News
https://ift.tt/2o81WMZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Dish & Sling Sue 'Pirate' IPTV Operation For Circumventing Widevine DRM - TorrentFreak

foody.indah.link With more ways to stream online video than ever before, protecting video continues to be a key issue for copyright holder...

Popular Posts