Rechercher dans ce blog

Thursday, August 27, 2020

Customers revel at Nothing Bundt Cakes pop up sale - Tri County Sentry

foody.indah.link

Customers line up for sweet treats at the Nothing Bundt Cakes pop up sale at The Collection at River Park. (Photo by Chris Frost)

By Chris Frost
chris@tricountysentry.com

 

Oxnard-- As the world continues to cope with the effects of Covid-19, businesses are expanding their horizons and reaching out via pop up sales at strategic locations to enhance revenue.

 

Nothing Bundt Cakes, a local bakery chain in Ventura, has embraced that idea and brought their creations to The Collection at River Park Aug. 22 and 23.

 

The pop-up operated out of a company van and featured bite-sized treats and classic flavors with wholesome ingredients, like milk, butter, eggs, and cream cheese. The pop up did well, as most of their inventory was sold out at their half-way point on Aug. 22.

 

Cake Decorator and student Raylene Hernandez said they're busy because of the quarantine, but they are always looking for ways to expand their market and get Nothing Bundt Cakes out to the people.

 

"We have our regulars, but we want to seek out new people, as well," she said.  "A lot of people came up to me and said we really don't want to make the trip to Ventura. Even though it's close by, probably a 10-minute drive, they don't want to make the trip, so they are happy to see a pop-up shop."

 

People told her that Nothing Bundt Cakes should open at The Collection, and she thinks that's a cool idea.

 

Raylene said the secret to frosting a good bundt cake is having a lot of patience.

 

"Even if it's a cute little design and simple to decorate," she said. "I've been told it looks simple to decorate, but it's not. It takes a lot of practice and patience, and your hand cramps up a lot."

 

She loves working at the bakery.

 

"I enjoy working with desserts," she said. "I love frosting cakes and talking to people. It took me about two weeks to perfect the whole frosting technique. It took me so many grueling hours of work. When we practice, we don't do it on the cakes itself; we do it over plastic wrap or a little cake pan and continuously reuse the frosting, so we don't waste anything."

 

When Covid-19 struck, she ended up unemployed with unemployment benefits that didn't come through.

 

"It was crazy the first few months," Raylene said. "It was March, then it was April, and I was out of work. I struggled to pay my bills, and I saw an ad that said Nothing Bundt Cakes needed a cake decorator in Ventura. I love bundt cake, and am a big fan of these cakes," she said. "I've been going there for years and getting random ones."

 

She had previous bakery experience.

 

"They hired me on the spot, that's when they started my training, and I've been there ever since," she said.

 

Customer Susan comes from Las Vegas, enjoyed Nothing Bundt Cakes there, saw the pop-up, and stopped.

 

"It's my favorite cake in the world, and I was happy to see the pop-up," she said. "I like the Red Velvet bundt cake because I am a chocolate addict."

 

Nothing Bundt Cakes is located at 1794 S Victoria Ave. Suite A in Ventura.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



"cake" - Google News
August 28, 2020 at 02:13AM
https://ift.tt/3lmblcC

Customers revel at Nothing Bundt Cakes pop up sale - Tri County Sentry
"cake" - Google News
https://ift.tt/2o81WMZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Dish & Sling Sue 'Pirate' IPTV Operation For Circumventing Widevine DRM - TorrentFreak

foody.indah.link With more ways to stream online video than ever before, protecting video continues to be a key issue for copyright holder...

Popular Posts