Rechercher dans ce blog

Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Dulce de leche pumpkin cake is easy as pie | Cabin Fever Cookbook - Chico Enterprise-Record

foody.indah.link

The best cake I ever made I stumbled upon by accident. There was a pumpkin food contest at work, and I decided that morning I was going to win it. Digging through the pantry I pulled out a box of cake mix, a can of pumpkin puree and a can of sweetened condensed milk. I was living with my mom at the time — I was 22, newly separated and raising my daughter on my own — and I’m pretty sure I ruined my mom’s plans for a homemade pumpkin pie that year.

But it didn’t matter, because I was going to win that contest.

And I did, sort of. I placed second. Out of three entries.

Pumpkin cheesecake won. Pumpkin cheesecake always wins.

But in the end it didn’t matter, because I created a staple to every holiday season I’ve celebrated since then. And every year when fall rolls around I grab a couple of extra cans of pumpkin and sweetened condensed milk so I can make this cake when the mood strikes.

This year was different. Back in February I had grabbed a can of dulce de leche. I never used it, and in the back of the cupboard it sat.

So imagine my surprise when I went to grab the ingredients for this cake, and instead I found dulce de leche. If it meant that my cake tasted slightly of caramel this year, well, that’s a sacrifice I was willing to make.

When you mix the ingredients together it won’t look like a normal cake batter. It will be dense, but if you want to lighten it up a little you can add some water. I usually do so it’s not as thick, but that’s personal preference.

Once it’s cooked the consistency won’t be like a normal cake either. It will be simultaneously fluffy and dense, and make you feel like you’re chasing after the mouthfeel of a pumpkin pie.

Dulce de leche pumpkin cake

Ingredients:

  • 1 small can of dulce de leche (can substitute with sweetened condensed milk)
  • 1 large can of pumpkin puree
  • 1 box of yellow cake mix

Directions: In a large mixing bowl combine dulce de leche and pumpkin puree. Slowly add in cake mix until fully combined. Grease bundt pan, then spoon in mixture. Bake for 40 minutes at 375 degrees.

Cool completely before serving.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



"cake" - Google News
November 18, 2020 at 06:31PM
https://ift.tt/2IPSWq5

Dulce de leche pumpkin cake is easy as pie | Cabin Fever Cookbook - Chico Enterprise-Record
"cake" - Google News
https://ift.tt/2o81WMZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Dish & Sling Sue 'Pirate' IPTV Operation For Circumventing Widevine DRM - TorrentFreak

foody.indah.link With more ways to stream online video than ever before, protecting video continues to be a key issue for copyright holder...

Popular Posts